Sunday 20 March 2011

Rik's Bar & Restaurant, Bang Rak

Riks Bar & Restaurant, Bang Rak

Yesterday I finally got around to visit Rik's Bar & Restaurant in Bang Rak for a nice dinner and take some pictures! I have been a few times to Rik's place already but somehow never managed to take any pictures, which prevented me to post a report here. Well, here we go, at last!

Rik's place is located just inside the Ghost Road, which in fact is a short cut to Chaweng when coming from Bang Rak. If you drive almost out of Bang Rak, direction Bophud, there's a T-crossing with a 7-11 on the corner, if you turn left here you're on the Ghost Road. Rik's place is after about 150 meters at your left hand.

Home made liver paté

Rik has an almost daily changing menu which he advertises outside of his restaurant. Yesterday saw 'chicken with piri piri' on the daily special menu. There's however also a menu that is, although small, rather interesting. I chose the liver paté from the starters menu off this menu.

Pork medallions with mustard sauce

As a main I had a daily special that was on earlier this week, the 'pork medallions with mustard' and I got to choose between a couple of potato options, but that was a no-brainer with 'baked potatoes with rosemary' as an option. Veggies came on the side as well.

Fish fillet with pesto sauce

My wife went for the above pictured 'Fish fillet with pesto sauce' and the children for a plate of spaghetti with tuna in tomato sauce.
It was all delicious and I can highly recommend Rik's place. Just don't rush out today, since he's closed on Sundays!

Rik and his kitchen staff

Rik has a culinary background with 17 years experience in the Netherlands working and commanding kitchens, what he does at Rik's Bar & Restaurant files under 'love and fun being in the kitchen' and it shows in the food that you order in a great, nice and relaxed atmosphere, worthy to check out!

Camille

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Rik's food looks good and this has come at a good time for me. I'm possibly coming down to Samui for a few days next month so I'll be looking to see how the weather is (I don't mind a bit of rain) and hopefully some more food recommendations. Thanks for this one, Camille.

Camille said...

Hi Lawrence,

Can recommend Rik's and hope you enjoy Samui next month!