Thursday 14 April 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 14th April, 2011

Today's weather;

Samui woke up once more with a blue sky and an occasional cloud looking lost in that blue sky! With a light hangover from yesterday's Songkran festivities (more pictures to follow later), I can announce a current temp at 7am of 27.5C

Chaweng beach road

Yesterday saw Samui flooded once more, this time deliberate and self inflicted though! The island was flooded by cars making the rounds and by loads of water, happily thrown at each other! The weather was perfect; under a blue sky the party went on all day long. Max temp reached 29.4C

Road deaths are apparently 48% down compared to last year. Wonder what counting procedure is used to cook these figures. On Samui you're apparently not an accident victim if you make it alive to a hospital, one way of making the roads look statistically safer.

Camille

4 comments:

Christian said...

Hi Camille:

My name is Christian, from Argentina and I´m travelin around thailand for 2 weeks. I´m now in Bangkok and I want to go to Samui tomorrow or the day after to stay in the beach for 3 or 4 days.

Could you please help me to define in wich beach to stay? I try to find information on internet but there´s no specific info about wich beach was affected by the flooding and wich wasn´t.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my english :S

Christian.

P.D.: You´re doing an excelent job with your blog. Keep working.

Camille said...

Hi Christian,

All beaches on Samui are fine again, just in South Chaweng more damage was done by the flooding but also there everything is back to normal.

If you want a quiet beach, Choengmon is nice party and nightlife, Lamai or Chaweng will be just fine.

Thanks for checking in!

Anonymous said...

Hey there im going to koh samui on the 25th of april was wondering if d
hotel that i book is doin fine. Could u tell me the condition of Chaweng
Bayview Resort?

Camille said...

Hi,

No, I don't know the condition of this hotel. Please phone, mail or fax them to find out. I would expect them to be just fine.