Wednesday 13 April 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 13th April, 2011

Today's weather;

Samui woke up under the now almost standard blue sky, today laced with a few clouds. It's Songkran today so to all of my readers; Sawat dee pee mai or สวัสดีปีใหม่ or สุขสันต์วันปีใหม่ which both mean Happy New Year. Current temp at 7am is 26C and I've got a feeling that today's gonna be good day! More pictures to be expected towards the end of the day!

Sunset at Big Buddha yesterday

Yesterday was a nice and hot day on Samui, although through the night there was some minor rain. Max temp reached 29.8C

Songkran is celebrated throughout the Kingdom and even President Barack Obama wishes Thailand a Happy New year through Secretary of State Hillary Clinton! See today's The Nation.

The death count has also started and early reports only were talking about one casualty but this morning showed yesterday's count was at 29 casualties for the day.

Enjoy but be safe out there!

Camille

8 comments:

Don said...

Hello Camille, just wanted to say thanks for all the updates about the island and your trip back to the island. My girlfriend and I are on our way from Phuket to khao sok then off to koh phangan and samui. We were worried the trip might not be possible by land. You have put our thoughts at ease.
Thanks very much your post have been very helpful.
Can't wait to enjoy the island!
Don

Camille said...

Hi Don,

Thanks and glad to be of help! Enjoy your trip!

Sean said...

Camille,

Sorry to bother you, but I have a couple quick questions.

How is the weather typically on Samui in late May, early June?

Super rainy? Worth the trip?

I’m a diver as well, so would be interested in how the visibility is that time of year.

I just had my trip postponed recently (missed the aftermath of the flooding) due to my friend’s medical problems, and we’re now considering coming in late May.

Thank you,
Sean

P.S. – I’ve donated to your blog and really think you’re providing an excellent service for people. I plan on booking hotels through your links when I get closer to the trip. Thanks again.

Camille said...

Hi Sean,

First off, thanks for donating, it's much appreciated and keeps me going!

Regarding the weather in May/June; please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, left hand side, they go back 4 years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.

You should have good weather conditions though. Not a lot of rain and if at all than a tropical shower and an hour later all is dry again.

The visibility for diving is in general good that time of the year!

Tim said...

Hi Camille,

I have been folowng your blogs for last couple of weeks as me and 5 friends are coming to samui for 2 weeks cant wait! do u know if surat thani airport is open for usual?
look forward to hearing from u!
Tim

Camille said...

Hi Tim,

Surat Thani should be open by now!

Enjoy your trip, the weather conditions are fab right now.

Sean said...

Thanks very much Camille!

Cheers,
Sean

Tim said...

Thank you so much Camille!

I look forward to a great trip in Koh Samui!

Tim