Thursday 24 October 2013

A day in Bangkok

On my way over to Gili Air in Indonesia where I'm teaching a PADI IDC right now, I had a shopping day in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand.

Erawan shrine, Bangkok

The Erawan shrine as seen from the skytrain

The plan was to get a new camera, a Canon S110 with underwater housing at Fortune Tower. Although I found the camera, nobody had the underwater housing available, which had my plans changed and a visit to Phantip Plaza was in the cards!

Tuk Tuk

The Bangkok Tuk Tuk

By means of subway, Skytrain and on the back of motorbikes I made it in one piece from one IT place to the other and on the way back I had some marvelous Egyptian food at Nassir el Massri.


Plenty of riders on the Skytrain and the subway were done by me, a very convenient and cheap way to get around the city

Unfortunately I couldn't get an underwater at Phantip Plaza either so now I have the camera but can't take it diving, yet!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: