- Bangkok Airways Co., Ltd. Corporate Communications Department, 9th Floor, Head Office building, 99 Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Chom Phon, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900. Tel. 0 2265 5669, 02 265 8709
- Siam Inter Multi Media Plc., 459 Soi Ladprao 49, Ladprao Road, Samsen Nok, Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10310, Tel 02 694 3010, 02 276 5035-9, press 0
- “Book Friends” book shop, all 5 branches at Ratchayothin, Pinklao, Sukhumvit, Secon Square, Central Rama 3
- Athletics Association of Thailand, Gate A05-06, Sports Center, Thammasat University Rangsit Campus, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12121m Tel 02 564 3322
- Twin Athlete Co., Ltd., Chula Soi 7, Tel. 02 611 7270, 02 611 2192
- *Samui Airport, Tel 077 428 555 (Period: July – August 2012)
- *Bangkok Airways Office, Chaweng, Tel 077 601 300 (Period: July – August 2012)
- Entry via website: www.goadventureasia.com (Starting from April 2012)
Saturday, 7 July 2012
Samui Island Marathon, Princess' Cup 23rd September 2012
After the Samui Hill Challenge 2nd September, this month really turns out to be a month for runners since come 23rd September, the 3rd edition of the Princess' Cup or the Samui island Marathon is scheduled.
Having participated in the 10km runs in the first 2 editions in 2011 and 2010, it looks like I have to sit out this years editions since I'm scheduled to teach a PADI IDC in the Philippines during this time. Especially having run the Phuket half marathon last month and planning to run the Pattaya half marathon next weekend, it would be great to add this half marathon as well.
This years edition also has a 5km student run and a 2km fun run/walk.
This year's race marathon, half marathon, 10km, 5km and 2km routes
Each year during the rainy season from June to October is the low season and fewer tourists than usual come to Samui. To bring in more tourists, different events are organized at this time of year and sports activity gives another reason for people to spend time in Samui. This is the main reason for the initiative to organize the Samui Island Marathon.
To hold an international marathon on Samui would certainly bring more people to the island because Samui is famous as Thailand’s leading tourist destination and long distance running is a popular sport in Thailand. The organizers have plans to publicize the event in neighboring countries and through running clubs in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Australia whose members have achieved fame in world class marathon.
If you have time, go and participate in this 3rd edition of the Samui island marathon, it's a growing event and special rates on flights to Samui can be had in conjunction with Bangkok Airways by participating in the run!