Sunday 27 May 2012

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 27th May, 2012

Today's weather;

The whole family is in Hat Yai this morning, where I just completed a 13km run in a satisfying time for me. 1 hour and 7 minutes in case you wondered! As the picture below shows, Hat Yai has a lovely blue sky and the current temp at 7am is 24.5C

Hat Yai is the third largest metropolitan area of Thailand.

A view over the downtown part of city from the Golden Crown Hotel in Hat Yai

Yesterday saw overcast during the whole day around Samui and later in the evening there was a serious storm, which we missed because we're in Hat Yai. Max temp reached 32.5C

In Hat Yai it was sunshine all around yesterday and the city was bustling with the usual weekend visitors, mainly from Malaysia and a lot of folk were around that were participating in today's marathon. Max temp reached 33.8C

The forecast for Koh Samui for the next 7 days is a potential for stormy weather tonight again and the wind receding progressively over the course of next week.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was the one who was considering Samui or grand cayman and ended up in Samui and so glad we did! Although today rained from about 1230 on, we love koh samui! Another question, Samui is on gulf side. We r cOnsidering Phuket this time next year, is it the same climate on the western coast or wetter than Samui? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

By the way congrats on ur marathon time!

Camille said...

Good to hear from you and thanks for commenting on my running time.
Phuket is officially in the rainy season now and it can be hit and miss.
Have a look at my 'link and blog roll' page and look for Jamie's Phuket Weather blog, this will give you an idea of that to expect there.

Simon said...

Hi,

I have found ur blog in the Web and I have a question. Currently I am planning trip to Thailand for December this year. I want to go to Koh Samui on the 1st December and stay there for 5 or 8 days. I am just wondering what the weather is like there as I found plenty of different information about it.

I will be cery grateful for any answer

Cheers from Ireland

Simon

Camille said...

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately early to mid December is not a good time to visit Samui, typically the monsoon is in full swing with plenty of rain and grey skies all day long.

please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.

Hope this helps for now.