Thursday 17 May 2012

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 17th May, 2012

Today's weather;

The wind and the clouds have gone this morning and Koh Samui is enjoying a blue sky. Current temp at 7am is 27C

Saan Lak Muang in Surat Thani city, the main spirit house for the province of Surat Thani

Yesterday we went to Surat Thani again, for a check up of my Mother in law at the Thaksin hospital. On the way back home we stopped at the Nai Aow restaurant in Kanchanadit and had a fab meal!
All day long it was cloudy with a strong-ish wind on both Surat Thani and Koh Samui. Max temp reached 31.8C and for the first time in a while, the shower water felt cold again!

The forecast predicts mild wind and most likely sunny skies for the next 7 days.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

2 comments:

Henro said...

Hi Camille

I stumbled on your website covering the weather in Koh Samui while trolling the web for weather information on Koh Samui.

I am getting married on the 29th of September 2012. I am thus planning the honeymoon. I found various different sites with various different opinions on the weather of Koh Samui during October. I am very scared of the Monsoon season which apparently fall in those months. How bad is the Monsoon season in the first week of October? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
Henro

Camille said...

Hi Henro,

Usually September is a good month but in October it can go both ways. The earlier in October, usually the better it is.

Please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.

Hope this helps for now.