Thursday 31 May 2012

Goodbye to May 2012

Goodbye to May 2012

It's already the end of the May version of 2012. Time flies by.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty and check the weather this months. Overall it was a good month for sun lovers. The first two thirds of the month were in general very nice and sunny and for divers among us on Koh Samui, plenty of whale shark sightings during this May at Sail Rock and Chumphon Pinnacle.

During the last third of the month we had some typical monsoon kind of weather, sunny or partly overcast mornings and overcast with sometimes rain or showers in the late afternoon with a real storm as a bonus on the last weekend of the month, when I was with my family in Hat Yai for a run, so we missed that. All in all a good month for the weather in my opinion.


Choengmon beach earlier this month

Besides the weather, there was a lot more going on around Koh Samui, the Samui regatta is currently under way and on my blog I had a lovely post about old style Samui with pictures from the late 8-tees, with thanks to Dawn.

Food wise, we visited a couple of old haunts, twice I went to eat at Juzza Pizza in Bophud, excellent Italian food. Lunches were had at Angela's for some hearty bakery food, Clock Lana for top of the line Isaan food, next to our house and Djeh Mui for good and cheap Thai food.

Work has been quiet but next month my PADI IDC's will pick up again, one is scheduled to start on Koh Samui followed by an IDC in July in the Philippines.

That's it for now folks, please read my few words below about my hotel booking blogs and I'm looking forward to next month, June 2012 which will bring runs for me in the first two weekends of the month. First on 2nd June the Cancer Care Charity run in Nathon and 10th June the half marathon in Phuket, part of the Laguna Phuket international marathon!


Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: