Tuesday 30 November 2010

Goodbye to November 2010

Goodbye to November 2010

And a memorable month it was. For many personal (=work) reasons and for the torrential rain that hammered Samui!

The personal reasons were that I hardly spend any at all in Samui, only about 5 days! During these 5 days Samui had a nice weather spell which was lucky for me. The reason I didn't spend that much time on Samui was because I was teaching IDC's outside of Samui, pretty much all month long; first an October/November IDC on Koh Lanta, than an IDC in Kao Lak and now I'm back on Koh Lanta again and just started a new program yesterday.

The other reason this month was memorable was the torrential rain that hit Samui during the beginning and middle of November and more or less continued with monsoon rain all month long.
My blog had over 16.500 visits and over 51.000 page views, an absolute record. Right now I'm still getting about 250 visits per day, an average of more than 100 than usual. It shows that there are plenty of visitors to Samui who are understandably worried about there holidays or are we all rubbernecking primates?

The post that had almost 3.500 page views involved some video's about the flooding, a good second with well over 1.400 page views involved early pictures of the flooding and more pictures and video towards the middle of the month did the trick for 3rd spot with almost 1.300 views. Stunning figures for my blog. Thanks for checking in folks, thanks for the comments and especially thanks to all the people that contributed with pix and/or videos.

The 2007 November was rough but not as bad as this year, 2008 was average with rain and flash floods but nothing spectacular and 2009 was stunning with hardly any rain at all!

I managed to visit some good and new restaurants, like the Red Snapper on Koh Lanta or the Mala Dim Sum in Kata, Phuket.
This year's Loy Kratong I celebrated in Kao Lak and it was very nice indeed.
My Food on Wheels series saw two more entries and there are a few more lined up for next month.

Please check out the usual suspects of my fellow Thai bloggers, I was too busy to check in on a regular base and hope to have some updates on them next month!
I did create another page however, with information on how to get to or get off Samui!

Take care and looking forward seeing you you again in December.

Camille


No comments: