Monday 30 November 2009

Goodbye to November 2009

Goodbye to November 2009

It was an amazing month indeed! In my 10 years here, I can only think of one similar time, a few years back, before my blogging days, when there was also almost no rain during both November and December.

Just looking and browsing through the November 2008 and 2007 versions gives you an idea how it usually is during November.

For the tourists that visited Samui during November, it was a great month and experience indeed, I think we had exactly one day in early November with monsoon like conditions and rain almost all day and around mid November there was some rain, when I was on an almost dry Koh Tao.

For the people living on Koh Samui, locals and expats alike, the situation is different though, the monsoon or November rain is supposed to fill up the wells and adjust the water ground levels. Obviously that didn't happen during this month and consequently there will be a shortage of ground water, which can cause problems all the way up to May/June next year.

For us living here,w e can only hope that December will bring some rain, although the forecasts don't look that good right now.

I'm glad that I could get two more restaurant reviews up this month, Tang in Nathon and Little Holland in Chaweng. November also saw the yearly Loy Kratong festival and I was also very glad to at last make it to the Magic Garden in the Lamai mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog and hope to see you next back next month in December!

Camille

No comments: