Tuesday 16 July 2013

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 16th July, 2013

Today's weather;

A thick grey cloud layer hovers over Koh Samui this morning and it feels 'wet'. Current temp at 7am is 23.5C

Tree toppled over by storm

A tree toppled over by storm over the weekend, opposite our house, all the branches and leaves are deposited in front of our house. Similar scenes can be observed all around the island

Yesterday saw some sunshine during the morning but during the afternoon the clouds took over again and around 4.30pm there was a massive storm with hard rain and very strong wind.
During the night I woke up twice from a similar storm. Samui even made it into the national news TV news with trees toppling over and ripping apart electricity cables. We also had a power cut of about an hour around 5pm. This morning during my training run, I saw a few toppled over trees alongside the road. Max temp reached 30.6C

The forecast shows very strong wind bursts today and Thursday and ll pother days have just dtrong wind. Showers can and will happen during the next 7 days.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

2 comments:

Hilde said...

Hi! My sister and her famely is ariving koh samui to morrow. I see on your blog that the wether is not so good this days.
I hope it gets better so they can have a nice sunny holiday.
Hilde (Norway)

Camille said...

Hi Hilde,

It's indeed not looking that great for the next 7 days, clouds and rain are predicted and not too much sunshine I'm afraid.