Sunday 14 July 2013

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 14th July, 2013

Today's weather;

Just got back in the hotel room at Kaew Samui in Surat Thani from running a half marathon and it was in nice conditions and I ran a goad race, my second time for a half marathon under 2 hours; 1:58'44.7. Surat Thani has a bit of cloud formations but the sun is breaking through and it's an agreeable 24C at 7am.

On Koh Samui it's slightly cloudy but the sun is breaking through as well. Current temp at 7am is 26C 


Near the start and finish of the half marathon, on the river promenade in Surat Thani

Yesterday was nice and sunny, near perfect blue skies when we left Samui at 1pm but once we were past Donsak on the mainland it started to rain very hard with some very strong wind. Samui also had some rain yesterday evening/night but not too much. Max temp reached 33,5C on Samui.

The forecast a fairly strong wind and some rain for next week until the weekend when things are supposed to calm down again.
This morning I also found out that the Koh Phangan marathon is on next weekend, which comes as a complete surprise to me! That's where I will be next weekend, either starting a full marathon at midnight or a a quarter marathon at 4pm. I will decide later this week which one it's going to be.
Last year this race was in very late September!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: