Sunday 28 July 2013

Food on Wheels; construction site delivery

It's time to get my contribution in for the monthly Food on Wheels series addition. This time around I found an interesting variation to the same theme; an older lady selling fruit and veggies to workers on construction sites.

Food on Wheels, construction site delivery

Whilst driving my bike along the Bang Rak - Bophud coastal road, I saw this bike with side mount parked next to the road and after a quick U-turn, I took a few pictures. The lady in the pictures was picking leaves off a tree however and quickly came out of the bushes when I started to take the pictures.
The sign on the side of the bike is promoting non food products.

Food on Wheels, construction site delivery, front view

An interesting side of life on the island, since Samui is plastered with construction sites for the last 20 years and there seems to be no end in sight! Obviously, the workers, how low paid they may be, need to eat as well and this is one way they get their supplies in.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: