Thursday 12 July 2012

The Ibis Koh Samui Trophy, 15th September, 2012

This challenge is held for the 4th time on Koh Samui and this one day race involves biking, running, kayaking and swimming. A real challenge indeed! It will be held in and around Bophud.

Back in 2012 one of my first race runs was a 5km run as part of the challenge. Unfortunately for me, the runs are no longer part of this event, it's now purely concentrating on the main event. I prefer straight running, so this event will see me as a spectator, providing I'm even on the island come 15th September.



Adventure Racing is a new sport that has exploded in popularity across Asia.
AMA (the organizing company) is leading that growth in Thailand with its highly popular Amazing Thailand Adventure Race Series supported by the Tourism Authority of Thailand. Now in its 4th year of operation, AMA has established an international reputation for its professionally organized events, solid logistics and challenging courses.


If this is your cup of tea, you can sign up on AMA's website or in person at Bike Zone in Amarin Plaza Bangkok (good for a 10% discount!)




The 2012 edition

A short impression on the 2011 event

Hope you enjoy this event and either go out and participate or go and have a look for yourself and support the participants.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: