Friday 12 October 2007

Prego Restaurant, Chaweng

Prego is an Italian restaurant in Chaweng.

It's also definitely one of the better ones on the island. It's part of the Amari hotel in Chaweng.
When Prego just opened, I wasn't much of a fan, but each visit convinces me more and more about the quality of the place. Both the food are excellent and the staff is just outstanding and very accommodating.

Yesterday, when I visited with the whole family, before I get get busy with my next IDC, one of the things I really like about the place that came up again, is that they have a drawing book and a box of colored pencils for each kid! Makes Mums and Dads life a little bit easier.


Prego is located opposite the Amari hotel in the Northern part of Chaweng, not too far away from the Samui International Hospital, same side of the road.


It's nicely laid out with lots of space but even now, in low season, it's very busy, so a reservation is in place at 077 422 015-18.


An assortment of Italian breads with condiments, served as soon as you sit down. A very nice touch indeed.



My starter consisted of Risotto al Gorgonzola. A delicious Gorgonzola sauce mixed with rice.



As a main I had Ravioli Ricotta e spinacci al burro e salvia which translates into Ravioli filled with Ricotta cheese and spinach in butter and sage. The latter forming another excellent sauce!


My wife had this delicious piece of fish; Medoglione di Branzino padellato servio con caponata di verdure or in plain English a Pan fried snow fish with a vegetable caponata.
The menu is in Italian, Thai and English. They also have an extended wine card.


As a dessert we shared a great Tiramisu, although I missed their chocolate-walnut mousse on the separate 'special' menu!

Not a cheap place, but also not over the top expensive, we paid 1.400,-Baht for the food only, including 2 children spaghetti dishes.
Another recommendable one and still going very strong in August 2013!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: