Saturday 13 October 2007

Angela's Bakery, Maenam

Angela's Bakery is by far my favourite Bakery on Samui.

When they opened, a bit more than 7 years ago, I used to live almost behind the bakery and next to Angela, the owner. I'm just a tad little bit longer on the island than when Angela opened her doors for the first time and she's still up and running and I'm still enjoying eating there.


Now I live a bit further away from Maenam, so I don't visit that often anymore, as I used to do, but it's still a fave stop whenever I'm around. The bakery is located at the ring road, at the very beginning of Maenam, a little bit further down from the Police station, if you're coming from Bophud, at the opposite side of the road.


It's definitely not a plastic table and chairs establishment, in contrast, the way they decorated the restaurant is very cosy and gives you a 'home' feeling.


Besides a very nice menu, with plenty of choices in Western and Thai food, with great salads, sandwiches and German and English dishes, one of Angela's teasers are her cakes! In the cooler in the background on the left, one can find amazing Apple pie's, triple chocolate cheesecakes, Tiramisu's and much more.


One of my fave dishes at Angela's is the Creamy Chicken Hash, as pictured above. A nice full plate of Chicken hash!



Angela's Club Sandwich is one of the best Club Sandwiches available in Thailand, in my opinion. Nicely done with fried chicken and plenty of other ingredients. All freshly made.

She also make birthday cakes and for more info on this, please call 077 427 396 and she makes fantastic wholewheat breads.
It's only open till 4 pm, which makes it a perfect place for breakfast and lunch. Another one I can highly recommend.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

2 comments:

Jamesluvssamui said...

Very interesting,Thanks

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi James,

Can only recommend Angela's! We went there again today, with a party of 6 and it was delicious.