Tuesday 22 January 2008

Back home!

We're back home.

We had a bit of a relaxed morning, since we booked a space on the 11 am ferry to Samui and still almost managed to show up too late for the reservation!

Anyway, we're back home and we're all glad to be back home again, although we all tremendously enjoyed this holiday/trip.


There will still be a few stories coming up from our trip but one thing I'd like to show you is the collection of Thai Buddhist amulets I bought during this trip. Somehow I managed to buy some 20 Buddha amulets plus a box set. Some we bought double, like the box set, to give to relatives or to my Father in law.
Thai Buddhist amulets are immensely popular amongst the Thai people and sometimes amazing prices are paid, just have a look here.
My own collection is growing in the meantime! I already posted about amulets when we visited Nakhon Si Thammarat last year and actually witnessed how the amulets were made.
Buddhist Amulets are another interesting aspect of daily life in Thailand which I'm still exploring myself, so in due time, I hope I will be able to tell you more about them but in the meantime, enjoy the links.
Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dat zijn van die verzamelhebbedingetjes waar je helemaal verslaafd aan raakt! Ik mag er graag naar kijken want er zitten prachtige exemplaren tussen.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hoi Monique,

Als rasechte verzamelaar zijn ze inderdaad prachtig. Er zijn er echter zoveel en ik weet er zoooo weinig vanaf! Ze zijn wel mooi!