Thursday 28 August 2008

Bandon International Hospital, Bophud

My last hospital review, for the time being, of hospitals on Samui is about Bandon International Hospital.
This hospital did not use to have that good of a reputation when I arrived on the island, in late 1999. Part of the reason was if you delivered an injured person to the hospital, your received a fee and there are also some stories about how patients were handled and treated in not so good or friendly ways, but over the years it seems they made a good turn around and my mother in law, when she was still alive, visited on a regular base and now my wife  and myself visit here when in need need treatment or consult of a doctor.
The prices they charge are very competitive compared to the other hospitals on the island.

Bandon International Hospital, Bophud
Bandon Hospital in 2008

The hospital does not have the latest equipment but they get the job done. The doctors seem adequate and the rooms are clean. Over the years I visited many people who stayed here, including my wife and other members of her family and since the last couple of years there are no complains from my end.

It's located next to Big C on the Chaweng part of the ring road.

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vandaar de hoge hartslag 192 BPM. Hahaha

Camille Lemmens said...

Haha, het levende bewijs!

Unknown said...

I was directed to Bandon International Hospital after injuring my shoulder on Ko Pangang and although the surgery went quite well I have been told so many lies about charges and been treated like a prisoner for the last week. All in all the gent that runs the "billing department" Nick is a swindler and that is being kind. I have not been aloud the leave the premises while they insist on holding my passport. Its much like I imagine being in a minimum security prison would be like. Hmmm this must be how Martha Stewart felt . . . less anything resembling glamor. Oh and lets not forget to mention that I was charged 225000 baht where I have found the government hospital would have charged nearly half that. DONT COME TO THIS PLACE and beware of the clinic associated with this place located right on the Haad Rin Beach on Ko Pangang.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear about your porblems with this hospital. Thanks for sharing the information and good luck.

Unknown said...

This is Hannah Bevills, I am an editor with Hospital.com. We are a medical publication whose focus is geared towards promoting awareness on hospitals, including information, news, and reviews on them. Given the relevance of what you are offering from your site and what our mission is, I feel we may be able to collaborate in some way or another, I look forward to your response regarding the matter. I look forward to your response, Thanks!

Hannah Bevills
hannah.bevills@gmail.com
Hospital.com