Saturday 20 August 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 20th August, 2011

Today's weather;

It's early and I'm waiting at Suvarnabhumi airport to board a plane to Bali. The road to the airport showed that it had rained during the night. Current temp at 4am was 26.2C and Samui has 25C


Yesterday saw a hot and warm day around Samui and once more during the evening it started to rain.

The rain was so profuse that it messed up all departures from Samui airport after 7pm. I've never seen the airport that busy, except maybe when it was closed during the recent March flooding. The queues went all the way up to the drop off area where the cars can park for 15 minutes. Immediately I took my notebook out of the bag and did a web check in, beating all queues and I checked in within minutes rather than having to wait approximately 45 minutes to an hour. It was actually that busy that an extra flight was scheduled at 9.45pm.
My flight was eventually delayed for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

After a 3 hour nights sleep, I'm now at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport waiting to board.

Camille

No comments: