Wednesday 19 October 2011

S31 Hotel on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 31 in Bangkok

S31 Hotel on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 31 in Bangkok

During my recent stay in Bangkok this Sunday and Monday, in order to have my fingerprints re-taken by the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok for renewal of my passport, I stayed at the S31 hotel for a second time in a short period.

The lounge are of the duplex suite on the first floor

There was a special offer on at Agoda and a duplex suite, with two floors, could be had for just 200,-THB more than a standard room, an offer I gladly took advantage of.

Living area in the duplex suite, first floor

The location of this hotel is superb, smack down on downtown Bangkok, near two skytrain stations, Phrom Thong and Asoke and a subway station, Sukhumvit which connects to Asoke sky train station and this subway station is just one station away from the Suvarnabhumi Airport link Makkasan station. Very convenient indeed.

A super king size bed, 8 foot wide! At the 2nd floor, where also the bath room is located

The hotel is very new and all 90 rooms are well laid out and come with free wi-fi in the room. Breakfast is also very nice and a great buffet is on offer. For pleasure, business or with a family this hotel is highly recommended by me.

Kitchen area on the first floor

There are plenty of good restaurants near the hotel, with all kind of different cuisines, just like the 'Bei Otto' German Restaurant and plenty of shopping malls are within easy reach with access to the sky train.

The breakfast room at the 6th floor

All my hotel bookings in Bangkok or any other destination in Thailand are done by me with either Agoda or Hotels Combined and you can help me booking your reservations through my Thailand hotel recommendation blog and use one of the booking links in each article.

A view of the S31 hotel taken from the Windsor Suites Hotel where I stayed with my family a week before I stayed at the S31

If you're looking into staying on Koh Samui, my Samui hotel recommendation blog may come in very handy, with plenty of reviews of hotels around Koh Samui, many with first hand experience.

A reverse view of the Windsor Suites Hotel, this time taken from the S31 hotel

View from the S31 around the Sukhumvit area

View from S31 at night

If you're looking for a convenient and nice room in the Sukhumvit area, the S31 may be just what you need.
More than five star, better than Boutique, according to a review in the Bangkok Post (Thailand's biggest English newspaper), this pretty much sums it up!

Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I will have to go to the Netherlands for 10 months research. So, I will have to collect my MVV visa in Dutch Embassy, Bangkok.
I want to know about the flood condition around the Dutch Embassy and the road from Suvarnabhumi airport to the Embassy.

Camille said...

Hi,

Since I live on Koh Samui, I don't know the situation in Bangkok. The best thing to do is to contact the Dutch Embassy and ask them directly. They will be in a better position than me.

Good luck and I hope you will enjoy your stay in the Netherlands.