Sunday 15 May 2016

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 15th May, 2016

Today's weather;

A lovely blue sky is beaming over Koh Samui this morning and it looks like another hot day is in the making. Current temp at 9am is already a steaming 33C

On Phuket on the other hand, we have a very cloudy sky over Kata and I just got back from a mini marathon run in the Kathu area, where it was also very cloudy. On my way back to Kata, there was hard rain in Patong and gradually it eased up and when I reached Kata the rain had already stopped. Flash floods are expected at various parts around Phuket island. Current temp at 9am is 27C

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 15th May, 2016

Plai Laem, one of the hills I use on one of my running training routes

The PADI IE on Phuket is in full swing and yesterday my candidates passed three out of four segments with flying colors and very high scores. Later this morning I will join them on Kata beach, where they currently are conducting their Open Water dive segment of said PADI IE.

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 15th May, 2016

Evening view over Kata on Phuket from the East Inn Yama resort

Yesterday saw once more a very warm day around Koh Samui with a max temp of 34C, the heatwave is holding on just a little bit longer.

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 15th May, 2016

Rotary Phuket South Charity run in Kathu, Phuket, 5th in my age group, 10.2km in 48'36.8 or a 4'45 pace

The forecast has changed again, slightly for the better. Until next weekend we have mixed cloudy days, sometimes a bit less, some days a bit more and an occasional tropical shower is possible. Come next weekend, heavy cloud layers move in and the wind might pick up and a greater change of showers but not as heavy as was predicted yesterday.
It looks that slowly the heatwave is about to move on.

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on your race on Sunday. Would you know where any other photos are on the internet by any chance?

Camille said...

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't locate any race pictures myself, the oens that I know of don't cover these smaller races outside of Bangkok.

Anonymous said...

Or this one if that doesn't work.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012270542469&sk=photos&collection_token=100012270542469%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.102823610136657.1073741828.100012270542469&type=3

Camille said...

Great, thanks a lot for the link! I wasn't sure what the first link was about and thought it was spam and deleted it, can you please be so kind and post this link again. Thnaks again!