Monday 21 June 2010

The Picnic Basket in Bang Rak, the second coming

The Picnic Basket in Bang Rak, the second coming

AFTER ALL, THE PICNIC BASKET HAS BEEN SOLD IN LATE 2011 AND THERE IS NOW A NEW RESTAURANT AT THE SAME LOCATION UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME. Updated early 2012.

After earlier reports about Paul, the owner of the Picnic Basket in Bang Rak wanting to sell his business, he's come around from that idea and since a couple of weeks he is open again.

Keep in mind that the new opening times are from Monday to Saturday from 8am to 4pm. Well done Paul, I'm sure a lot of people are happy about this and it gives Paul a bit of a live as well!


After having conducted an EFR Instructor course next door at the local hyperbaric chamber, me and my student had lunch at Paul's and I had the always lovely Chicken and Mushroom pie with mash and veggies and a good old English gravy.



Ania, my student had this massive and juicy chicken burger with french fries. The food is as good as always!


Paul and his current staff.

If you're craving for some good quality English style food, the Picnic Basket is the place to be!

Camille

5 comments:

Mike said...

Great news. I will be sure to have a few meals there the next time I'm in Samui.

Martyn said...

Camille I'm sat here at my computer wondering whether to have my dinner now or later before I start work tonight. I think your photos will soon have me rushing downstairs.

One of the things I check out when arriving at a new holiday location is restaurants which serve English food. I do eat the local menu quite often but now and again I do like a taste of home. I'm sure your post will give some new arrivals on Samui a good start in finding something to tickle their home country taste buds.

Camille said...

Hi Martyn,

When I just started living in Thailand and during my initial holidays here I was only eating Thai food, nowadays I have regular Western food cravings and need my 'shots' of Western food, the Picnic Basket is a good choice for English style food!

Pat and Steve said...

Help!
we was on koh Samui in july 2010 and rent a car from the owner of the
picnic basket and know we want to come back in April 2011. But I`ve lost
the address of the guy in the picnic basket to rent a bigger car - because
the next time we are 5 persons. Would you been so kind to give him our
e-mail adress - so that he will be able to contact us ?
Thanks a lot
Patricia and Steven

Camille said...

Hi Pat and Steven,

No problem, will pass it on.