Sunday 31 May 2009

Goodbye to May 2009

Goodbye to May 2009

It's been a mixed bag this month, with plenty of rain in the beginning of the month and other days with plenty of rain throughout the month, however, once the sun was out, it was very warm indeed and we had plenty of these days too!

Highlight for me this month was receiving an award for my achievements in my work as a PADI Course Director out of the hands of Drew Richardson, the President and Chief Operations Officer for PADI Worldwide.

Besides this personal memorable moment, it was a rather quiet month but I still had some great food in my usual haunts all over the island, like Il Molino bakery in Chaweng for some great Italian lunch, Clock Lana for some excellent Isaan style food around the corner of our house in Plai Laem, Dcheed 2 for fantastic Sateh Moo and Raad Na, the Khao Man Gai place in Lamai or the Japanese restaurant Yamato in Chaweng. Most of these places I visit almost every month so don't miss out on them. One I need to mention although I didn't visit there this month is Sabeinglae in Lamai, one of the few restaurants where original Samui style food can be had.

Besides this culinary stop, let's look forward to June next month and some good, nice and sunny days.

Camille

No comments: