Monday 30 March 2009

Chaweng Cove Resotel, Chaweng

Chaweng Cove Resotel, Chaweng

As an expat living since 1999 on Koh Samui, I've had the chance to see and visit plenty of hotels and resorts around Koh Samui. From cheap ones to luxury, everything's still available on Samui.

To help those people out that are planning to visit Koh Samui and are looking for accommodation, I decided to put a bit more effort into my blog with respects of hotel reviews.
Despite my Samui hotel blog that already exists and where I also reviewed Chaweng Cove Resotel, it may be more beneficial at this moment for people visiting this blog rather than my Samui hotel blog.

The good thing about my reviews is, in my humble opinion, that I can tell you what I like about a place and why I like it, rather than just summing up pre-fabricated 'this is great' phrases from other booking sites.

If you're interested in a hotel that I talk about, you can use either the Agoda or Sawasdee or R24 booking sites, both are extremely user friendly and easy to navigate and Agoda also has a nice reward program.

Down to business though on the Chaweng Cove Resotel, my sister was here rather unexpectedly, late last month and we decided to have a look at the Resotel, since that's where she'll be staying with her family come August this year, including three kids in the 10- to 13 year old range.
This meant that a cheaper and more budget oriented place had to come into the picture and voila, here's the Resotel!

Our impression was very good and positive. When my sister asked if she could have a look around and see the rooms where they were supposed to stay at later this year, the guy at reception went through great lots of time and effort to show us around. Well done and highly appreciated by all of us. Obviously we also took the opportunity to take some pictures, which you can see here. Real pictures and not taken from a booking site!

This little path is something we really liked and it also gives a nice atmosphere to the place. The rooms that were shown to us ranged in price and size but all looked clean and well taken care of.

This is a similar room that my sister will end up in, in the main building but with a balcony. All rooms seemed to have all the necessities required for a standard room nowadays, like bathroom, fridge and TV, just to name a few.
Amenities at this resort include a swimming pool, available massage services, beach side dining and wireless Internet access.

There are a total 101 rooms varying in size and price.
The hotel is directly located at Chaweng beach and has a nice strip of beach in front of it.

The pool looks also very attractive and rather big, there are three different basins in this set up.
All in all definitely a place that my sister and my family is now looking forward to so we can enjoy some time together at said beach and pool!
For booking on Agoda or Sawasdee/R24, please click the highlighted links.
Hope you enjoyed this little review.
Camille



No comments: