Sunday 26 March 2017

Koh Samui, Thailand weekly weather update; 20th March – 26th March, 2017


Today it's partially cloudy over Koh Samui and it looks like it's going to be another very warm or rather hot day. Current temp at almost 9am is 30C

Koh Samui, Thailand weekly weather update; 20th March – 26th March, 2017

Koh Samui, Thailand weekly weather update; 20th March – 26th March, 2017; Up in the Maenam hills near a waterfall, with a lovely view over the ocean towards Koh Phangan. The waterfall can be found at the very end of Soi 5

Last week it was gorgeous and really heating up as well. Most days it was sunny with a few clouds in it and some days had a few more clouds, but it was very hot all week long. Friday actually saw a light shower at various places around the island, except where I happened to be, there it was dry all day long, although I moved around a bit that day. Max temperatures ranged from 31C to a whooping 34C

Koh Samui, Thailand weekly weather update; 20th March – 26th March, 2017

Koh Samui, Thailand weekly weather update; 20th March – 26th March, 2017; Last night saw the 5th edition of the Koh Samui Midnight run, a charity event, in which I placed second in my age group of over fifties and sixth all over. The fourth time I participate and the fourth time I place second in my age group, despite the fact that I become faster each year. This year I was two and a half minutes compared to last year. The person who won my age category was however four minutes faster than me, so a fair win and he placed third all over.

This week I have received many question about the weather coming op next week(s), The forecasts are working with precipitations, which means that even if there's the slightest chance of rain or a thunderstorm that day, the icon of rain or a thunderstorm will show up. This doesn't mean at all that there will be either rain let alone a thunderstorm.
For our next week on Koh Samui, it's looking good, considering there's a real heavy rain and storm over Central Thailand (around Bangkok) and the North and North East of Thailand. The South may get some rain but nothing compared to the line North of Bangkok.
Expect some rain on Monday evening and throughout Tuesday and the rest of the week should be lovely, with a the odd chance of a shower.

The end of March and April are considered to be the hottest time of the year on Koh Samui and any rain is actually nice and will cool things down a bit. Enjoy next week and no reason to panic, there will be plenty of sunshine laying ahead of us.

Please do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and enjoy the beaches around the island or in front of your hotel or resort and get some well deserved rest and a break. If you're done resting or need something else to do, there's plenty of things on offer on and around Koh Samui, you can go snorkeling or diving or take a dive course. You can also enjoy some of the trips I recommend, like a half day gourmet lunch and snorkeling trip at the Southern part of Koh Samui or a photography trip where you get to see the most photo genetic spots on the island or go for a drinks tasting tour if you like a tipple or two, 

Contact me for more detailed information on any of the options mentioned. 

Camille

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille! I'm arriving in Koh Samui on the 12th of April but I have just checked the forecast and I'm a bit concerned!! All the days show the thunder symbol and I'm panicking it will constantly rain!! :(

Camille said...

Hi Alessa,

The weather forecast that I use looks good. April is one of the warmest and driest month of the year, any rain is more than welcome to cool things down.

Forecasts use precipitations and the slightest chance of rain or thunderstorm will show such an icon.

To get an idea about April, please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Camille

Anonymous said...

It is raining few days ling now, is it normal ?

Camille said...

This is very unusual for this time of the year. According to the forecasts that I use, as of tomorrow it should be dry again.

Anonymous said...

Hi arriving in koh on the 4th till 14th do i have to worry about rain by looks of things !!?

Camille said...

My forecast goes for a week, until the 6th April. Only Monday and Tuesday look like rainy days, the rest is either partially cloudy or sunny with an odd chance of a shower.