Friday 28 May 2010

Cafe del Sol, Mae Haad, Koh Tao

Cafe del Sol, Mae Haad, Koh Tao

To catch up on my restaurant reviews, here's one more, this time coming to you from Koh Tao where I just spend two nights for a PADI IE.

The Cafe del Sol has been visited by me occasionally, mainly for lunches and despite good reviews by other people that visited the Cafe, somehow I never got around going there in the evenings for dinner, until two days ago.
We went and had dinner and it was excellent, I had a really superb lamb chop and it was that good that we went the next day again!

Trio pepper pork with gratin

My student during this trip had two days in a row the trio pepper pork with gratin. An excellent choice and the gratin alone is worthwhile going there.

Gnocchi quatro formaggio

Yesterday I had a gnocchi quatro formaggio, which was really nice as well.

The Cafe del Sol is easy to find, coming from the Seatran pier, just walk straight up the road and the second crossing will have the Cafe at your left hand. They also offer free wifi to customers.

Another good addition to Koh Tao's culinary road map. Highly recommended.

Camille

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more that the food there was always really good. It was a luxury for me to dine there, but it was always worth it.

Two plus years have gone by and at times I really wish I could be back on Koh Tao.

Camille said...

Koh Tao definitely has it charms!

Imad said...

The Cheese Burger is really tasty there

Grainne said...

Mmmm they do great pizza too!

Unknown said...

i got food poisoning at cafe del sol and i also think the french owner very intrusive

Camille said...

Too bad to hear that but you can get food poisoning everywhere in Thailand. I had it various times, just recently over the weekend. No big deal to me, you're in a different part of the world and food poisoning is part of living here.
If you don't like the owner, I think that's a fairly personal observation and point of view.