Wednesday 15 March 2017

Samui Cross Country # 3 Sunday 9th April, 2017

Samui Cross Country # 3 Sunday 9th April, 2017


The next Samui Cross Country # 3 Sunday 9th April, 2017 is coming up next month and it's well worth a visit. 
Last year the second edition of this event was held in early January, which made for nice weather conditions, seeing this event during most of the day under the hot April sun is going to be an interesting development. I thought it was already hot last year when I went to see the event. Since I don't own a MTB or cross bike or for that matter a bike at all, very untypical Dutch behavior, I know, I won't be participating, but providing I'm at home, I will make sure to visit during the early morning, since it's a great event to watch for a an hour or so.

Samui Cross Country # 3 Sunday 9th April, 2017

Samui Cross Country # 3 Sunday 9th April, 2017

Last year the event was held in Soi 1 in Maenam, the short cut road between Maenam and Lamai and they start at 8am, a good time to be there, later during the day it will become too hot! This year it will be held at the same location.

Cycling is enormously popular in Thailand, the last couple of years it really skyrocketed in popularity, much more than my favored sport, running. Last years event was very well attended, and although I couldn't really make sense out of all the available categories, all the categories that I did watch, had big groups of participants at the starting line.

Hope you find the time to either participate or to visit and have an enjoyable day come Sunday 9th April at Soi 1 in Maenam. Hope to see you there.

Please do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and enjoy the beaches around the island or in front of your hotel or resort and get some well deserved rest and a break. If you're done resting or need something else to do, there's plenty of things on offer on and around Koh Samui, you can go snorkeling or diving or take a dive course. You can also enjoy some of the trips I recommend, like a half day gourmet lunch and snorkeling trip at the Southern part of Koh Samui or a photography trip where you get to see the most photo genetic spots on the island or go for a drinks tasting tour if you like a tipple or two, 

Contact me for more detailed information on any of the options mentioned. 

Camille

No comments: