Monday 30 April 2012

Goodbye to April 2012

Goodbye to April 2012

It's that time of the month again, the end of another month, April 2012 in fact.

It's been a strange month, with a fair amount of rain during the beginning of the month but halfway through it picked up it's usual weather pattern and it was hot, almost scorching hot during some days. The last two days of the months it has been partially cloudy and the wind picked up, bringing a nice breeze in over Koh Samui.


Part of the month I was in Khao Lak, where I celebrated the yearly Songkran festival and there was a Tsunami warning that scared the living hell out of everybody in the neighborhood!

I also had a short lay over in Phuket where I participated in a 10km run.

Before I start to look forward to may, the 2012 version, don't forget to use my Koh Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings. If you book through these two blogs, you help me out making some extra income to maintain this blog. Much appreciated!

See you all next month again.

Camille

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hello

Im reading your blogg every day:-)
My name is Tina and im going to visit lamai beach in june and will stay there for 1month with my kids

I am alone with them and im wondering if the lamai beach is ok. We have booked the jasmine hotel and what do you think?

When i se the weather they say from Norway they say that every day it is bad weather there:-( yr.no

Best regards
Tina

Camille said...

Hi Tina,

Lamai has a nice beach, no worries there! I'm sure you and your kids will enjoy it.

Unfortunately I don't know the Jasmine hotel, so can't comment on that hotel. However, for the weather, please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on Samui info and weather blog , right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.