Monday 30 August 2010

Food on Wheels; Time for Coffee

Food on Wheels; Time for Coffee

More time for coffee or time for coffee again? Before I started the Food on Wheels series, I didn't realise how much coffee is sold on wheels! My first post in this series was about a small and cute motorbike on wheels selling coffee and today we see the same subject return.

Last week when I reported about the Soup on wheels car, I wondered if I could top last weeks sample. Well, I think that I come close this week. Whilst driving around Bophud, I spotted this pretty cool coffee on wheels salesperson and I had to stop him and take some pictures of him.

What I like about his set up is the small miniature version of a Tuk Tuk next to the driver. Nice work! Behind the miniature Tuk Tuk is a big coffee cup, unfortunately not very viewable.
All around though, a good idea and showing some creative thinking again! There are plenty of plain looking food on wheels carts around and this one sticks out!

Another coffee on wheels shot, taken on Koh Tao, this is a manually pushed car, although it looks like permanently parked in front of the 'mother shop'. Just to proof my point that there's an abundance of coffee on wheels.

Hope you enjoyed this entry and the series as such.

Stay tuned for more updates in this series.

Camille

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have expected the coffee on wheels come to a grinding halt....
I’m enjoying this series.

All the best, Boonie

Camille said...

Hi Khun Boonie,

Good to see that you enjoy the series, so do I and the good thing is that there's so much material around!

It will be difficult to find 'special' ones all the time though.

Martyn said...

Camille the first coffee on wheels is unique but the second one looks pretty good as well. Maybe you've been spoilt by all those meals on wheels.

I enjoy a coffee from the stands sometimes and it always seems to have a real strong kick to it. Cheap as well.

Keep the series rolling on.

Camille said...

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for dropping by and I do enjoy the series, so no worries, there will be more!