Sunday 28 February 2016

Koh Samui in the 8-tees

Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Here are some pictures by Dave Carlo from Koh Samui in the 9-tees, around 1994, so all copyright belongs to him! A nice step back in time.
Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Chaweng beach road during a rainy day, when the road wasn't paved yet.

Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Such a pier brings back memories, although I didn't arrive until the late 9-tees on the island. It looks like the Fisherman's Village pier, maybe, possibly?

Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Who's been long enough to remember Santa Fe in Chaweng, a very popular night spot for the local Thai young folk that eventually got closed down because of the violence. 

Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Samui airport with all of it's early charms, parking was a nightmare though!

Koh Samui in the 9-tees

Big Buddha, the road got just paved a year or two ago

These kind pf pictures seem to be popular, so I hope you enjoy this lot as much as I do!

If you have any old Samui style pictures, please share hem with me, thanks in advance!

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! Camille

No comments: