Saturday 1 August 2015

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 1st August, 2015

Today's weather;

It's cloudy this morning over Koh Samui with possibly some sunshine during the afternoon. Current temp at 7am is 26.1C

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 1st August, 2015

In contrast to yesterday's 'ghost town' picture, this is new construction on Plai Laem's coastline, not making it any prettier.

Yesterday saw most of the day cloud formations but at times the sun broke through. Max temp reached 31C

The forecast has drastically changed and currently not for the better. We should get sunnier days but the wind is going to pick up again, with some very hard wind at times and the clouds move in again with plenty of rain around next weekend.

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

2 comments:

Peter said...

Hi

We've been following your blog for the latest weather updates as it always looks cloudy and rainy of other sites.

We are staying at Choeng mon area and I wanted to pick your local expertise brains for recommending a day trip to an island or area for snorkelling, my wife is pregnant so nothing too extreme and I have a 14 year old son. I did want to do scuba diving with just my son but the prices are $150 for a days dive?

Thank you
Peter

Camille said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your message. I can recommend a half day snorkeling trip that includes a beach picnic as well with Island Gem Gourmet Picnic , since all other snorkel trips will be full day trips to Koh Tao or Koh Nangyaun (next to Koh Tao).

If you're certified, I can offer a two dive days diving for 3,800.-THB per person, if you're not certified, it will indeed be around 150.-USD per person. It is a full days out though, including transfers between hotel/boat, breakfast, lunch and drinks on the boat, full set of equipment and instructor or Divemaster.

Hope this helps for now but let me know if you have any further questions.