Thursday 17 January 2013

Food on wheels; Ice cream hand pushed

This month's addition to my Food on wheels series is straight from downtown Saladan on Koh Lanta where this vendor is selling ice cream (probably in a bun if you wish so) to Thais and foreigners/tourist alike. I spotted him yesterday and he fits the bill for this series.

This vendor sells old and traditional Thai style ice cream. He picks up a big chunk of ice cream wrapped in paper and cuts it up in 4 pieces. Your flavor options include durian, taro, chocolate and various other options. Well worth trying out!

Ice cream on Koh Lanta

I posted many ice cream related articles in this series already and it's not hard to understand why, considering the warm climate of Thailand. An ice cream is nice and cool during a warm or hot day.
The interesting part I liked about him is that he walks around, pushing his cart with traditional ice cream blocks, advertising his goods in both Thai and English.

Great to see so many variations on the same theme, in this case specifically for ice cream and in general about the many forms of vehicles being used.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: