Wednesday 31 March 2010

Goodbye to March 2010

Goodbye to March 2010

This years March was nice. It started out really good with fantastic hot and sunny weather and towards the end we received some well needed rain. Typical tropical showers, just as Samui is nearing severe draught problems.
Overall a very good month, weather wise.
This in contrast to the 2008 version which saw a very wet early March and more in line with last years 2009 March.

Work wise I had some fantastic diving in Pattaya in early March, first I was teaching an Instructor level Wreck Specialty and than we went on a very exciting Wreck exploratory trip.
I also posted about vintage scuba diving adds which proved to be a very popular post and maybe one to check out!
This Pattaya trip was combined with a family holiday and we did some fun stuff in Pattaya itself but also went on to Bangkok's Dream World, an amusement park which the kids loved!

Food wise I went to a couple of usual suspects and all time faves here on Samui, like take away from the ebst Indian restaurant on the island; Haveli and how about some ass kicking Sateh at Dcheed 2?

On to a new topic that I would like to touch on at the end of each month, other blogs that I follow or like in any way.
First off, I started a new blog myself and it's in its infancy stage right now, it's a blog about Samui Holiday rental Villas. This one will grow over time with some real nice villas for rent, a great alternative if you're either travelling with a bigger party or your family.

Blogs I like are amongst others; Behind the Mango Juice, in which Martyn looks at various aspects of licing in Thailand. He's got a great post up about the Red shirts that are currently staging protests in Bangkok.
In Phuket there's Jamie's weather blog, always good to see how Phuket's fairing and I posted about his weather blog already almost a year ago.
Mike is having a look at various aspects of living in Thailand by means of his My Thai Friend blog based in Prachuap Khirikhan, worthwhile checking out.
Malcolm is retired in Thailand and loving it, check out his blog to get an insight in rural Thai live near Kanchanaburi.
A link to my home country the Netherlands is done by a female Indian expat who now lives in Rotterdam and blogs away about the Netherlands from her perspective in Orangesplaash.

Ok, that's it for this month, see you again in April, with the Thai New Year or Songkran festival coming on strong!

Camille

2 comments:

martyn said...

Camille thanks for the link, it has been very productive with quite a few hits on my red shirts number.

The heat and humidity of April probably offers you the best excuse of the year to take a cooling dip in the sea for relaxation purposes instead of work. Enjoy.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Martyn,

You're welcome and glad I could get a few hits directed to your blog.

I even called you Mike but that's been corrected!