Sunday 11 December 2011

Kathu, Phuket 11km run

Kathu, Phuket 11km run

This morning had a 4.30am alarm/wake up call, so I could make it for 5am to register for the 11km in Kathu, Phuket. For a 100,-THB I received my starting number and now I had to wait until 6am for the run to start.
The finish in Kathu, in front of the Tessabaan building

Today is a day off from the current IDC in Khao Lak, and since Phuket is just about 100km from Khao Lak, it was an easy decision to come and run here today.

Flying the Samui colors, my Princess Cup run shirt from earlier this year

It was a great run, I had a good time and the course went over some beautiful scenic areas. We had to climb one serious steep hill but at the top we had a beautiful view over a dam. I really enjoyed running here, just as I did earlier this year when I ran the half Marathon in Phuket.

Another medal to boost!

Phuket seems to be good running grounds for me and next Sunday I'm planning to run a 10 or 15km run in Khok Kloy, just North of Phuket and less than hour away from Khao Lak.

The prices for the first 10 in each age category, it will be awhile before I can queue up for on of these!

I'm glad I came here and ran, I was one of the few Westerners, which caused some smiles and excitement to the day for some but more importantly, I had a great time! Now it's time for breakfast at the Tinidee hotel at the Loch Palm Golf Club where I'm staying!

Camille

No comments: