Thursday 7 June 2012

7th Laguna Phuket International marathon, 10th June 2012

7th Laguna Phuket International marathon, 10th June 2012

Tomorrow we pick the kids up from school and leave for Phuket where on Sunday 10th June 2012 I will participate in the 7th Laguna Phuket International marathon. I'm planning to participate in the half marathon, just like last year.

It's one of the country's biggest events for runners and more than 5,000 runners from around the world are expected to take part in the event, which is sanctioned by the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races.

This will be my second half marathon that I will run and I'm planning and hoping to beat my time from last year, which was 2 hours, 2 minutes and 25 seconds. The plan is to run this year under a time of 2 hours. My last preparation today didn't go down that well though, I had no energy.

Despite the bad weather conditions, especially considering the Phuket conditions are worse compared to Samui, the forecast shows hardly any wind anymore and not too much rain. It will hopefully make for cool running.

Start of the marathon, last year

We will be back on Samui in the course of this coming Monday, so stay tuned and follow our adventures in Phuket.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: