Monday 4 January 2010

4K restaurant, Hua Thanon

4K restaurant, Hua Thanon

Yesterday we visited the X2 resort (X2 is pronounced 'cross to')in Hua Thanon and had a lovely lunch at the 4K restaurant (4K is pronounced 'fork') at X2. A great day's out was had by my family and the second restaurant review of this year is another good one!

The 4K restaurant is build and designed in the same contemporary style as the X2 resort.

A spectacular view over the ocean from the restaurant.

It's really relaxing to have a seat in this quiet environment and enjoy the tranquility, there are no jet ski's and beach vendors of the resort.

The design is very nice and the menu is a mix of eastern and western dishes and the best of fusion. Local products in season tend to dominate the menu, which is prepared by their international chef.

All through the resort and the restaurant you can experience the fusion by concrete and wood, which has some remarkable nice effects.

On to the food, I had this delicious sauteed chicken liver and banana compote on raisin toast, a real interesting starter with a great taste.

My main was this baked sea bass fillet over Asian mushrooms and wok sauteed rice.

I was full already but when I saw the desert list, this X2 apple tart with warm butterscotch sauce caught my eye and I had to try it. It was served in a different way than I expected but it was really outstanding.

The prices in 4K are very reasonable and I can definately recommend to make the trip over to Hua Thanon beach for a nice, relaxed afternoon at the beach with either lunch or dinner at the 4K

Camille

4 comments:

Mike said...

Camille the food looks delicious.

I can't believe the weather here, its pouring down!

Its been very humid lately especially for the cool season, so I hope the downpours clear the air.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Mike,

The food is well worth the trip down there!

The weather is very stable and has been better than it should be over the last two months.

This week may see the odd shower or so but than it's back to sunshine again, according to the forecasts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille,

I am looking at staying at X2 Resort. Is there much else around there in terms of food/restaurants etc? Or is it very secluded?

Thank you

Simone

Camille said...

Hi Simone,

It's fairly isolated but there are a couple of restaurants not too far away.