Sunday 26 July 2009

Zico's Brazilian Restaurant, Chaweng

Zico's Brazilian Restaurant, Chaweng

Zico's has been around now for over 4 years and although I've been there plenty of times, somehow I never got around to put a review up, until today. Yesterday my cousin who lives in Pattaya was visiting Samui and he invited me for dinner and we ended up in Zico's in Chaweng.


The location is excellent, kind of opposite Centara Grand Beach Hotel, of which Zico's is a part of.

The concept is simple but unique to Samui and as far as I know even unique to Thailand, neither Phuket nor Pattaya have anything like it, as far as I know;

The waiters serve choice cuts from steel skewers right at your table, while chilled Brazilian tunes drift down from the elegant, upstairs lounge bar. Zico’s own Brazilian beauties, Joice and Patricia from São Paolo take to the stage throughout the evening dressed in magnificent costumes to dance the Samba and Axe, adding the energy and colour of the Rio carnival to make an evening at Zico’s one to remember.


The inside is beautifully decorated and the seats make you feel very private from other tables, due to their height.

They absolutely have the best salad bar in town with also lots of sauces for the meat cuts.

Another view of the salad bar.

The place where the skewers are grilled. Definitely a place to visit for a memorable experience, currently the price is 790,-THB for all you can eat and 340,-THB for only the salad bar.
Zico's ranks among my favorite restaurants on Samui!
Camille




2 comments:

Brinston said...

Hi Camille,

Thanks for this blog, great what reads you're providing here, especially the daily weather reports which I track whenever I have days off and am contemplating a trip to KS.

Me wife & little daughter have planned to visit for 2-3 days on Nov 15 this year.

As for Zico's, I had been in 2008 when I came to KS for the first time. Really an amazing culinary experience! And made friends with Ubon at the bar upstairs, outstanding & helpful guy, him and his flaring show alongside the dancers, but I don't know if he still works there.

And along with you, I too highly recommend Zico's for a very memorable experience to anyone visiting Koh Samui.

Regards,

Brinston (from Goa-India, working/residing in Abu Dhabi-UAE)

Camille said...

Hi Brinston,

Thank for the thumbs up. It's been a while sine I've been to Zico's but they're still going strong!