Thursday 13 September 2007

World Resort, Bophud, Koh Samui

World Resort in between Bophud and Maenam,

This is where I conduct my PADI Dive Instructor courses, aka IDC's. However, that's not the reason I'm writing this blog entry. Due to myself spending a lot of time at World Resort, during these courses, I got to know the resort really well, since more than 4 years I'm there almost every month for about 2 weeks.


The resort is very nicely located at Bophud beach and can be reached from the ring road, it's half way between the traffic lights in Bophud and downtown Maenam.


The resort has bot a beach and a swimming pool, including a children bath so you can choose between lounging around beach side or having fun with the kids at the pool.


On the resorts beach, you can enjoy beautiful sunsets, like this one.

What I like a lot about the resort, is that it's family owned. The parents who manage the resort together with their daughter, where originally local teachers and they started the resort on it's current location just with a couple of beach huts. This must've been some 20 years ago.

In all the years that I've been coming to World Resort, it changed a lot, in a very positive way. The family keeps up with modern times and in low season they are steadily working and constructing in and around the resort to keep everything up to high standards. This is what I like about this resort, it's family run, they put a real effort into making you feel welcome and to make sure that you enjoy your stay there. The staff in general stays on a long time as well, which helps to make your stay more enjoyable.


Here's an impression of the resort. The bungalows are placed along lots of green and flowers and all bungalows just had a revamp.


The restaurant is beautifully located at the beach and the view there is awesome. See the picture below. Besides that, the food they serve is really awesome and their menu has a splendid mix between Thai and Western food.


The beach at World Resort allows for a direct view over Koh Phangan, which is located almost opposite the resort. This picture merely shows the beach, Koh Phangan is off to the left, only slightly visible.

This is me during on of my IDC courses at lunch time at the beach restaurant, enjoying the wonderful food that is served each time.

All in all, if you want to get away from the busy streets of Chaweng and enjoy a quiet and relaxing holiday, than I can highly recommend World Resort.

Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Camille. Long time no see. Please tell me you took that sunset photo. It's amazing!

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Dave,

Good to see you around again.

I wish I took that photo, that's a picture made by Ton, one of my IDC candidates this year.