Monday 30 November 2015

Goodbye to November 2015

It's time to say Goodbye to November 2015. It's been a month during which Koh Samui was very much under the spell of the monsoon or the rainy season. 
It rained almost non stop all month long, there were not that many days during which there was no rain. Hopefully the ground water reservoirs have been stocked up again, so during the coming drier season, there will be enough water to deal with the ever increasing demand.
This November was like how a typical Koh Samui November should be, with lots of rain and the occasional flash flood. Due to the new drainage system around the island, the flash floods don't turn in to two day or two week floods anymore but typically are gone within a maximum of two hours and most of the time even faster.

Goodbye to November 2015

The 'Meh Guanyin' statue at Wat Plai Laem

For me personally it was a busy month with lots of work outside of Koh Samui, first I conducted a PADI IDC in Khao Lak and currently I'm doing the same in Moalboal in the Philippines. I'm on the last day of the IDC course here, with the PADI IE and Instructor Specialty training still coming up.

This month I also managed to get a lot of running done, with the first three weekends of the month being filled with races, one half marathon in Surat Thani and two 10km races on Phuket on consecutive weekends.

It's time to close this month now and look forward to the next and also the last month of this year, December 2015. Midway through the month I should be back home again, to enjoy the festive season surrounded by my family and the familiar shores of Koh Samui!

Thanks for checking in this month and I'm looking forward to seeing you all next month again!

Do 'like' my Koh Samui blog Facebook page and don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks! 

Camille

No comments: