Wednesday 23 July 2014

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 23rd July, 2014

Today's weather;

It's grey and cloudy and I can only hope that it stays dry, since the yearly Kila Amphur event is taking place this week in Baan Namuang and today both our oldest children are participating, plus a couple of hundred others! Current temp at 7am is 28C

Samui airport landing strip

This is the Samui airport landing strip, taken from a dirt road that goes around the landing strip and is closed every time an aircraft lands or takes off. One of the entrances/exits is near the old airport arrival/departures hall

Yesterday saw a cloudy but dry day besides a trace of rain around noon. Max temp reached 30C

The forecast shows a breeze to slightly stronger wind after the weekend with occasional showers.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Hi Camille,

I am travelling to Samui on August the 24th for 5 days and i wondered if you could give me an expectation as to what the weather will be like? Like everyone, I am hoping for no cloud cover and intense sunshine but I understand that this may not be the case at this time of the year!

Any heads up would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ronnie

Camille said...

Hi Ronnie,

Although August in general is very nice and it's very likely that you will get sunshine, I can't predict anything that far ahead. What you can do though, to get a better in-depth idea about August in general, please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.
Hope this helps for now.

Ronnie said...

Hi Camille,

Thank you for getting back to me and pointing me in the direction of your archives.

I have had a look and it all looks as i expected! Either way, I’m sure I will have a great time!

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Camille said...

Hi Ronnie,

You're welcome, glad to be of help and I hope you will enjoy your stay!