Friday 31 January 2014

Goodbye to January 2014

The first month of 2014 is ready to be archived. Time flies indeed! It was a busy month for me with a not so great ending, during which I got sick for the first time in 11 years during a course. I had two PADI IDC programs scheduled this month, one on Koh Lanta in Thailand and one on Gili Air in Indonesia, which only saw me on Koh Samui for the first two days of the year and some 5 hours on the 16th January, in-between travel.

The weather on Koh Samui has not been the best, the beginning of the year saw a bit of wind and rain and it wasn't until recently when the weather turned for the better again with sunny days. January has been better in the past couple of years.

Koh Lanta, Thailand

A shady spot on a sunny beach on Koh Lanta, earlier this month

It's been hectic and now I find myself on Bali in Indonesia for a PADI IE and on the 2nd February I will head home, just hoping that I can make it back to Samui, despite the Chinese New year frenzy and the elections in Bangkok with all potential problems.

Once back on Samui, I can't wait to be reunited with my family for about two weeks and visit Kobori, a new Japanese restaurant in Maenam, that just opened a few days ago.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: