Monday 23 December 2013

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 23rd December, 2013

Today's weather;

This morning went from cloudless at 5am at the start of my early morning run to a very nice blue sky with some misty morning clouds in it at around 6am and now at 7.40am there are dark heavy clouds and it's a bit misty on Koh Samui this morning. The breeze is still here but seems less this morning but most boat operators will still not be too happy. Current temp at 7am is 23.8C

The first worries about the upcoming New Year holidays in relation to traffic accidents and road deaths are already starting to come to the surface.

Sea side sala's

Sea side salas between Fisherman's Village and Bang Rak at a small Thai restaurant

Yesterday saw mostly a sunny sky with a few clouds in it and a fair bit of wind was going around. Max temp reached 29C

The forecast predicts a nice breeze until next weekend but the rain seems to have disappeared for the time being. It may become slightly more cloudy compared to previous predictions.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

4 comments:

Hinrik said...

Hi

My name is Hinrik and I come from Iceland. I am going to visit Koh Samui in next May. Been reading your blog regarding Koh Samui and seems that you are an weather expert and much more. I am bit worried about the weather in Koh Samui in May. Can you describe a average day in May in Koh Samui? Is it cloudy all day or is it just sun and thunderstorms?
Also if you can tell me the best beaches and/or hotels (around 4-5
stars) to stay at during my visit I would be grateful.

Best regards from Iceland
Hinrik

Camille said...

Hi Hinrik,

Thank for your message. The description of a typical day in May I have done already, 7 years in a row, for each May that I'm writing this blog, so please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, right hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.

My preferred beaches on Koh Samui are Choengmon and Silver Beach h near Lamai.

Hope this helps for now.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I've been on samui island for three days with my family. Week is still left so do you know which beach on samui is the sunniest? Does it make any difference? We feel that the clouds are mostly above of the island and blue skies are above the ocean. Today and yesterday we were on chaweng beach.

Best Regards,
Olli

Camille said...

Hi Olli,

Maybe you want to try Choengmon beach and near lamai; Silver Beach, although both beaches, just like Chaweng, can have fairly big waves once the wind picks up.