Saturday 30 November 2013

Goodbye to November 2013

The second last month of this year is walking on it's last legs and it's almost out and over this November 2013 version.

The month started out really nice with plenty of sunny days and it was great to be a couple of days at home to spend time with the family after having completed a PADI IDC and Instructor Specialty training on Gili Air in Indonesia. Right now I find myself in Khao Lak where I just completed a PADI IDC and once more happy students succeeded in their exams and Specialty Instructor training is waiting here.

But back to the weather though, the first half of the month was unusually sunny and nice but that changed as expected, during this monsoon month. Plenty of rain came Samui's ways but overall it still was a nice month and the monsoon or rainy season wasn't as severe as some other years.

This in total contrast to typhoon Haiyan / Yolanda that raged over the Philippines and my favored island Malapascua! They are recovering well though and they are definitely bouncing back.

Laemson beach, Chaweng

Boats at Laemson beach in North Chaweng, earlier this month

It was two busy months for work for me and it looks like I will be off during December, so some family time is waiting for me, before starts again very early in January 2014.
During the time I did spend at home this month, we had some great meals and went to eat at Juzza Pizza, Fuji, Prego and a few other nice restaurants and I have some new places on my list of up and coming visits next month!

I was very happy to be able to run a race again after almost two months, in Phuket, I had three races lined up for December but due to an Achilles heel injury I'm afraid I will be sidelined for at least a month, if not longer.

It's time to loo ahead though and December with it's holiday season at the end of the month, should be a busy time and hopefully with good weather conditions.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: