Tuesday 6 September 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 6th September, 2011

Today's weather;

A thin cloud layer is hovering over Samui and Koh Phangan this morning but I would expect the sun to burn this away pretty soon. Current temp at 7am is 27C

Dramatic views of Koh Phangan's coast line near Haad Yao

Yesterday saw beautiful sunny, warm and dry days on Samui and Koh Phangan. During the late evening there was some thunder, lightning and rain on some parts of Samui with a bit of rain but Plai Laem where I live and on Phangan, where i stay right now, it was dry. Max temp reached 33.2C

Camille

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hi have enjoyed reading about Koh Samui. Will be there on the 21st of this month. Just a little worried about swimming. Is it safe. Last time we swam in a netted area but wondered how safe these are. A small croc came up one evening on the beach and I was horrified. Can you tell me anything about this and also the jelly fish. I am worried. Love the island it is a dream come true. Thanks for sharing your information.
Yvonne.

Camille said...

Hi Yvonne,

That’s interesting, I never heard of a crocodile coming on to a beach, that would scare me for sure!!!!! I wouldn’t be too worried about this though, since besides your story, I never heard of anything like this in all 13 years I live here.

However, having lived now for almost 13 years on Koh Samui, the scariest thing I’ve encountered was a box jelly fish during one dive off Chaweng beach. If you dress with a skin suit, that won’t be a problem neither.

In my opinion it’s safe for swimming around Samui, not more or less dangerous than any other place within the region.

Hope this helps for now.