Saturday 18 December 2010

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 18th December, 2010

Today's weather;

Samui has some overcast to show for this morning. Current temp at 10am is 24.4C


Dubai has just woken up and the mornings during their current 'winter' are around 16C, it's about 8.30 right now and it's slightly warmer, around 20C.

Yesterday saw some rain again on Samui and the max temp reached 29.9C

Max temps in Dubai reached around 28 to 29C this time of the year which is really nice and agreeable.


Am having an absolute blast here! Yesterday morning we went diving, the afternoon we hung out in the desert where modified cars were supposed to drive up against a very steep sand dune. Greta fun and all local visitors were showing off their sand driving skill in their SUV's, big cars or quad bikes. A short tour on a quad bike was arranged for me as well, as a passenger and a couple of wheelies were performed. Just hold and!

So far we've only eaten Lebanese food and I'm enjoying it tremendously, Last night I saw Dubai by night, that also an experience!

In front of the Burj Al Arab hotel, the only 7 Star hotel in the world

The skyline is amazing and breath taking and build up more or less over the last 15 years only.

Today's we're off to see the final game of the world championships football for club teams. Inter Milan and TP Mazember, the first African team ever to qualify for the finals.

Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates and there are 7 of these Emirates, today I will visit the 7th Emirate and within two days I've been to all 7! Currently I'm staying at Umm al-Quwain with my friend Imad and tomorrow I'll be moving over to Dubai and stay at Sunil's place.

Camille

2 comments:

Paul Garrigan said...

Ahh the desert - I remember it well. I worked in Saudi before, but the only thing I've ever seen of Dubai is the ariport. Have fun.

Camille said...

Hi Paul,

Thanks, so far it's great! Having loads of fun!