Saturday 13 November 2010

Nang Sabai, German bakery, Saladan, Koh Lanta

Nang Sabai, German bakery, Saladan, Koh Lanta

The third and for the time being last restaurant or food update originating from my recent visit on Koh Lanta. This time it's the Nang Sabai German Bakery I visited and write about and it's a must visit place, even if you're not German.

The location is a few 100 meters outside of Saladan, direction South on your left hand. There's clear signs outside and it will be very difficult to miss. There's also plenty of parking space for motorbikes and cars alike.

Bread and cakes are baked fresh every day, the owners have early days and starts their days around 3am, baking away!

They recently relocated to this fairly new place, after having grown out of their original place. Just like the Red Snapper restaurant owners, they're since 7 years on the island, first just as holiday makers and than later on as expats after they relocated from Germany.

Herrentoast

The menu is the right size, not an overwhelming assortment to choose from but just enough to make it interesting and once I laid my eyes on my choice; the Herrentoast -> 1 rye bread with pork, mustard and baked with cheese I was pleasantly surprised once I received my dish. This is easily one of the best meals I ever had in a bakery in Thailand! Obviously this dish comes highly recommended by me.

Upon walking in you can't miss the big fridge placed on your right hand side entry and just looking at it I knew I had to get a dessert. My choice was the Apfelstrudel with ice cream and whipped cream. An excellent choice and once more highly recommended. Come in early since by noon the Apfelstrudel for the day was gone and finished!

A very fine bakery and well worth a visit. Enjoy!!

Camille

No comments: