Tuesday 16 November 2010

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 16th November, 2010

Today's weather;

Samui woke up to some lovely sunshine but right now it's a mixed bag, a drizzle and sunshine together! Current temp at 7am is 26.5C

In a moment I'll be on my way to Kao Lak and after that to Koh Lanta again for more IDC's!

Aftermath of the rain at my son's school, there used the a food place under the cover!

Last night I woke up at around 3am by a massive thunder stroke which at the moment I thought was shaking the whole house, this was followed by rain. Yesterday was cloudy but mainly dry with a max temp of 28.9C

Camille

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi,
I am flying into Koh Samui on Sunday morning (Nov 21st) and then taking a
ferry to Koh Phanang. I've been following your blog and I'm a little
nervous about the flooding/moonson season. Do you think it will be safe to
fly into Koh Samui and take the ferry to the island? We planned to stay 4
days for the full moon party and a few days of beaches an snorkelling. With
all the flooding will there be food and will it be possible to take roads
to our hotel?

If you could email me with some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I
only have 2 weeks in Thailand so if the weather is going to be terrible I
would prefer to maybe skip this island and then redo the itenerary going
down to the Trang Islands which seem to have better weather this time of
year.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!
Mandy

Camille said...

Hi Mandy,

The roads are just fine and there's no problem with supplies to the islands, all the shops are well stacked, just like during the rest of the year. The last week the sea was also mainly flat like a mirror, with a few exceptions but the forecast is looking really good for the next 7 days, although do expect a few showers in real monsoon style.

In my opinion there's no reason why you shouldn't visit Samui and Koh Phangan!

Hope this helps for now.

Mandy said...

This is fantastic news! Thank you so much for the quick response. While I am at it do u have suggestions for the best snorkellibg in koh phangang? I'm not much of a diver but I do love snorkeling.

Camille said...

Hi Mandy,

Glad to be able to be of help.

Regarding snorkeling in Koh Phangan, I've only been to Haad Yao and thought that be fairly decent! Maybe just rent a bike, drive around and stop at places that look promising!

Enjoy your stay.