Friday 12 November 2010

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 12th November, 2010

Today's weather;

It's good to be back home again, even if it's just for a couple of days, arrived safely yesterday and drove without problems from Nathon to Plai Laem. This morning Samui is having some serious cloud cover but there are also minor blue patches around and it's dry. It seems everything is definitely going back to 'normal'. Later today I'm planning to look around a bit and I expect a few pumps will be up and running to deal with flooded areas and the run off from the hills and mountains around the island.
Current temp at 7am is 24.9C

Yesterday I had an easy and swift trip from Lanta to Samui, only interrupted three times by rain, during which I took my foot off the pedal. In general the roads were dry and in good condition although on the 44 interstate road between Krabi and Surat Thani there was a flooded area next to the road which also had various houses near to or just about being flooded.
Samui experienced an almost (rare) dry day and the max temp reached 27.2C

Camille

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille,
your blog is most helpfull blog for Samui visitors in whole internet.Now when we are here I know why your weather comments are so diplomatic-here is simply rainy season so weather is just bad or worst.Today looks great at the moment-we will see in few minutes :-)
thanks
Olda+Kachee&Kachee

Camille said...

Hi,

Your post confuses me a bit, first thanks for the kudos but I'm not sure what you're trying to say about me being diplomatic. My recent posts just show how it was, heavy flooding and rain, nothing diplomatic about it! I'm truly confused.

Hope you enjoy your stay nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Hi my family and i are going to koh samuni on the 5th december for 10
days. Reading your daily blog i can see that the weather is not good. Do
you think there will be flooding by the time we fly out for our 10 day
holiday. As we are hoping for a nice 10 day beach holiday.

Look forward to your early reply.

Camille said...

Hi,

Early December is usually a lot better than November and the way things look like right now, things are turning for the better and it's the 2nd consecutive day with sunshine on Samui.
Do expect some rain possibly but nothing like it recently was and I wouldn't expect more flooding either.

Hope this helps for now.