Tuesday 16 June 2009

Some more old style pix from Samui

Some more old style pix from Samui

Received a few more pix from the mid to late 9-tees from Samui gently provided by Dave Carlo and I have a couple of my own comparison shots to go along with it. After the success and enthusiastic reactions I received of the first series, here's more;

Chaweng Beach road, looks like to road is already paved, which should place it around 98-99 and it's near the Green Mango. Obviously still a two way system. Unfortunately I don't have a comparison shot for this picture, but keep on reading.

This is a shot made earlier this year, on Chaweng Beach road, when the Samui Pirates had a charity Red Cross ride around the island.

Almost exactly at the same spot this picture was taken at least 12 or more years earlier. You can compare the red roofs at the middle right of both pictures.

Big Buddha's entrance gate, almost 4 years ago. It almost looks the same as today.

Some 10-12 years ago (or more?) however, it definitely looked different.
These kind of pictures I find very interesting and I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to Dave once more for sharing these pictures.
I hope you enjoyed these pix, there are a few more which I will post in due time.
Camille

3 comments:

Mike said...

Camille thanks for sharing. Although I have not been to Samui its nice to see the "development."

I am sure in your time there you might reflect that not everything that is new is good for the islands infrastructure.

Narelle from Aus said...

Loving the pictures Camille. Thanks for posting them.
We've been wondering of late, how difficult is it to settle on Koh Samui? Aside from being warm and jumping in the ocean at 7am every morning, what I miss most about Thailand is the culture.

Jens said...

very nice pictures! hope to see more of it!