Tuesday 7 April 2009

7th April, 2009

Today's weather;

Last morning away from home, later this afternoon I'll fly back to Samui. In the meantime, it's partly cloudy, laced with some smog, in Bangkok. Current temp at 7 am is 25.9C.

Samui is sunny right now and has 26.3C at 7 am.

Yesterday I spent all day inside a conference room in Bangkok, although the day started out nice, it was raining cat and dogs pretty much from about 10 am until about 4 pm. Max temp reached 33.2C.

Samui saw some sunshine again and had a max temp of 30C.

Camille

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Hi Camille,

I have been looking at your weather posts everyday as I'm coming to Thailand next week. They have been a great help as when I look at the weather report on the internet (BBC weather) it looks like there is rain all day, everyday!

Is the weather in Bangkok/ Samui going to get better after Thurs 16th, do you know?

Thanks for your useful posts,
Marisa.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Marisa,

Usually April is as hot as it gets without any rain at all! What can I say!

It seems that there will be a bit of rain the coming days but right now it looks pretty dry around and after the 16th April.

Marisa said...

Hi Camille,

Thanks, that's great to know. I really do hope that the weather cheers up!

Marisa.

Jo said...

Im am thinking about holidaying in Thailand at the end of April/ beginning of May but after reading about the weather I am now concerned that I might not see much sun. It will be my only holiday for the year so I would like to see mostly sunshine. I have read that Ko Sumui has a different climate but it still apears to rain quite alot in May. Please could you advise on the weather and if it is worth a trip as I have not yet booked my flights, so I could go somewhere else.

Thanks Jo

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Jo,

The beginning of May saw the last two years with rain. From mid May onwards it seems to be sunnier.
However, usually rain means 'tropical' rain, before and after the rain it's sunny and everything dries up quickly.

Hope this helps!